Is Netflix app installed on your iPad not loading properly? If yes, then there is no need to meander. We are going to provide a solution for the same. You will be able to get back to your favorite show after implementing the simple steps mentioned below.
- Restart your iPad: To have a fresh start, shut down all the apps which are running on the backend. This function is known as restarting function. It may sometimes solve minor problems encountered in your OS which prevents you from watching Netflix content. To restart iPad, Press the power button till the slider option appears on the screen. You need to swipe your finger to the left to turn off the pad. Wait for 20 seconds and then turn on the device again by performing the same steps.
- Close and reopen the app: If any technical glitch is reported in your app or it started freezing, then the best thing you can try is; closing the app and re-open it. To close the app, double tap the center button and swipe the app from the list of recently opened apps.
- Check Wi-Fi connection: When you are to watch content from Netflix, you need an internet connection on your iPad. If the speed of connection is poor or the connection has limited connectivity, then you won’t be able to load the contents. Therefore, check the connection before starting streaming the shows from Netflix.
To troubleshoot your internet, first disconnect the Wi-Fi from your iPad, then connect it again. This will refresh the connection. To turn on and off the Wi-Fi connection, go to ‘settings’ and click on ‘Network’ menu. If this fix doesn’t work for you, then you can do another thing. Just forget the SSID from the device and try connecting to it again by entering the password. This may help you in fixing the network related problem.
Steps to forget Wi-Fi network on your iPad are: Go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘More information’. Click ‘Forget this network’. You will be prompted to select the network you want to forget.
- Check for app and software updates: If you are using the obsolete version of OS installed in your phone or the Netflix app is not updated to its latest version, then there is a possibility of getting an error. It is therefore recommended to update your app version and OS version of iPad if available online. Apple developers keep on releasing the updates so as to fix minor bugs in the previous OS version.
To update the OS of your iPad, you need to go to ‘Settings’ menu followed by ‘General’ option. Click on ‘Software update’ and check if an update is available or not. In the same way, to update the Netflix app, open app store and go to ‘Update’ menu from the bottom of the screen. Here, you will find a list of all the apps which are queued for an update.
- Check the server status of Netflix: All major apps like Netflix, Hulu and HBO Go undergo periodical maintenance in order to provide the best to the customers. At this point, you won’t be able to reach your server and the app will not function as it should be. To get the latest status of your Netflix, you can visit Netflix help center page and check it from there.
- Reset all settings: If all the above-mentioned steps don’t work for you, then you can reset your iPad settings. This will delete all the saved data like Wi-Fi password and wallpaper. All the bugs related to software will get erased permanently. If you find that all the apps keep on crashing or stopped suddenly, then you can try this troubleshooting step.