The most prevalent issue encountered by most of the Roku users while streaming Netflix is related to server error or outage problem. There is a number of users who have reported the same problem on their Roku while trying to stream Netflix on it. If you are facing the same problem, then there’s nothing to worry, we are going to suggest some tricks which will help in fixing these issues.
If you are getting any of the below-mentioned messages on the screen, then you can follow the steps mentioned on this page.
- “Sorry unable to reach Netflix server.
- Cannot connect to Netflix right now.
- Netflix not available at moment.
- Cannot connect to Netflix.com/Activate.
If you are getting any of the above-mentioned messages on the screen, then it means there is some problem with the network. You need to check the network first before troubleshooting the problem further.
How to fix the Netflix streaming issues?
Public Network issues: If you are using the public wireless network on your device. A public place can by any like school, office or other, then check the network strength and service. Sometimes, the management of such public places blocks the wireless network for public due to a security issue or in order to avoid the network from being hacked by a hacker.
Data connection: These types of networks have slow network speed and may take some time to connect to any server. If we compare it with cable or digital subscription, then the latter is much faster than satellite connection. If you are using this connection type on your device, then we recommend you to switch to the digital connection and try watching content thereafter.
Now subscribe to Netflix from the Roku device by activating from Roku com link. If you are getting the problem in activating the Netflix, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Check Date and time settings of Roku device: This may sound bizarre but time and date play an important role in the streaming. If you are not being able to watch videos, then you need to check the date and time of your Roku device.
- Go to settings followed by ‘Main menu’.
- Open ‘Date and time’ settings from the list of menus and press ‘Continue’.
- Issues with Router: If you are facing problem in watching Netflix content no Roku, then you need to reboot your devices like Router and smart TV. Try streaming the Netflix again from your Roku device.
- This is how you can fix the issue with the Roku and the router.
- After successfully completing the Rebooting process, restart your Roku device and go to ‘Settings’.
- Open Netflix and click on ‘Settings’. Here you will find ‘Deactivation’ option. Deactivate your Netflix and click to reactivate it.
- Once you have done with steps, try launching the Netflix and check if the problem is resolved or not.
If you are still facing the problem, then you can contact Netflix support or send your query on email ID. The technical executives will solve your query on priority. We hope the steps mentioned above will help you in fixing the problem. You can watch movies, shows and much more by subscribing to Netflix on the Rokudevice.