Do you find Netflix subtitles difficult to read? Then, you can adjust the color, font, effects and of course also the language. It is not that difficult to change all these things if you know the right settings. However, not all people are familiar with the settings, so if you are among those people, don’t worry and go through the details of how to change subtitles, language, font, and color on Netflix. You will have to follow the steps in the exact same order in which they are given or else, you won’t be able to see the desired changes.
Netflix: adjust subtitles
You adjust the Netflix subtitles on the desktop. You do this as follows:
- Go to Netflix.com and log in with your account.
- Choose the desired profile (if you have several).
- Click on the top right of your profile picture and then choose Account.
- On the next screen, under ‘My profile’, choose the Display subtitles option.
- You will now see a screen where you have several options to adjust the text display. Choose from three different text sizes, a different font, a shadow effect, a frame or a different color.
- At the top of the screen, you can see what the font looks like. Choose a setting that is legible on the device you want to use, for example, a smart TV or an iPad.
- Are you satisfied? Then press Save and check on the Netflix device what you want to use or if everything is the way you want.
Interesting fact: on some Samsung smart TVs, the subtitles remain yellow, even if you have set a different color. This is because these smart TVs do not yet have proper support for Netflix. Samsung then chooses the color that is customary in Korea, namely yellow subtitles. Awkward but unfortunately inevitable.
Netflix subtitles: change the language
You can easily change the subtitle language of a movie or TV series with Netflix. You can do this on the device you are watching Netflix on, for example on the iPad.
You can easily change the subtitle language during playback:
- During playback, tap the speech bubble at the top right of the screen.
- Select the desired subtitle, for example, English or Dutch. The options available depend on the movie.
This is how you can change fonts, color, language and subtitles on Netflix. If you have followed all the steps in the right order, yet not able to change those options, then you will have to consult Netflix experts as they only can help you with this aspect.