Netflix is believed to be the best streaming channel accessed on all media streaming players like iPod, iPad, PS4, and Chromecast. A user with valid username and password can access the content available on the Netflix. You just need to have the credentials in your hand, rest everything is done by the media-streaming player. In case you are trying to stream Netflix on your iPad and getting error 1011 on it, then there is nothing to create a panic. With the help of simple troubleshooting steps, you can easily fix this error code.
There can be a number of reasons for this problem. It includes the Netflix server issue, the problem with the network or server outage problem. Furthermore, if there is some problem with the Netflix app installed in your iPad, then you may get the error 1011 on the screen. Under all such conditions, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Check network connection: The network signal you are receiving on your iPad must be sufficient to stream Netflix content on it. If there is some issue with the network, you won’t be able to stream the Netflix the flawlessly or you may get an error If your iPad supports data network, then you can switch between the networks. If you are getting the problem with the network, then you can turn on Airplane mode and disable it after some time.
- Restart app: To fix error 1012 or 1011 from the Netflix screen, we recommend you to close the app and restart it from the device settings. Go to ‘Netflix app’ and click on ‘Settings’. Tap ‘Reset’ to reset the app. Now, go back to the home screen and click to open the app This will clear the data and cache from the app. This will certainly fix the problem.
- Restart iPad: If you are still facing the same problem, then you need to restart the iPad. To restart iPad, press the power button of your iPad and hold it until you find a message on the screen. Click to power it off.
- Check if any restriction enabled: After implementing the steps mentioned above, if you are still facing any trouble, then go to restriction option and check if you have enabled restrictions for an app like Netflix or Hulu. Disable restrictions and click to close it.
Steps to check restrictions are:
- Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘General’.
- Open ‘Restrictions’ from the scroll menu.
- Enter the password for your iPad.
- Unselect ‘Netflix’ from the restriction menu and click to disable it. If you want to disable it through the website, then open a website and click to add it to ‘Restrictions’. You need to enter the address manually in the web browser.
- Try watching videos through Netflix now. We hope you will get success after this. In case you are still facing the problem, then read the next step.
- Re-install the app: To re-install the app, you need to first store the data in your cloud storage. After this, press the Netflix icon and click on the drop-down You will find ‘uninstallation’ option on the screen. Click to uninstall it. Install app in the device after downloading it from the App store again.