Netflix is considered one of the most entertainment-packed streaming app in the world. The number of shows and movies present on Netflix is something that you will not find in any other app. Netflix is widely used on Xbox One as well, but recently, people using Netflix on Xbox One are experiencing problems in accessing the app.
Xbox One can stream content through Netflix. Xbox One is not just a gaming console, but it is a fully capable streaming device as well. Some users have encountered issues in Xbox One consoles, which they have no idea where those are coming from. Netflix error code ui-800-3 is the error code that they are seeing, and they don’t know how to get rid of it. So, let us discuss five solutions to resolve this problem.
Solution 1: Trying logging out of the Netflix app
The error that Xbox One users are facing can be solved by logging out of the Netflix app followed by signing into the app again. They will have to perform the following steps:
- Launch ‘Netflix’ app on Xbox One.
- After that, go to ‘Menu’ or press ‘B’ button on the Xbox
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- Select ‘Log Out’ now.
- Once logged out, wait for a few seconds before logging in back into the app.
If the problem gets fixed, then it’s good, but if not, then they will have to go through other solutions to fix the problem.
Solution 2: Reinstall the Netflix app
Reinstalling the Netflix app could fix the problem, so Xbox One users can reinstall the app, for which, they will have to follow below-mentioned steps:
- From ‘Xbox Dashboard’, you can select ‘My Games & Apps’.
- From ‘Menu’ Bar that is given on the left, they will have to select the option named ‘Apps’.
- Highlight ‘Netflix’ app and then, press ‘Menu’ button on Xbox One.
- Select ‘Manage App’ Button.
- Select ‘Uninstall All’ option and then, select ‘Uninstall All’ again to confirm.
After uninstalling the app, you will have to install it again because your main motive is to run Netflix app smoothly, so here is how you can install Netflix app:
- From Xbox ‘Home Screen’, navigate to ‘Store’.
- Select ‘Netflix’ in the ‘Apps’ section.
- Select ‘install’ option followed by waiting for Netflix to be installed on Xbox One.
Once the app has been installed, run the app in order to check if the error persists, and if it does, then move onto solution 3.
Solution 3: Check DNS Settings
At times, DNS settings could interfere with the Netflix app and could lead to Netflix error code ui-800-3. The issue can be fixed by checking DNS settings, for which, below-mentioned steps are to be taken into consideration.
- Press the menu’ button on the Xbox One and then, select ‘Settings’. You can select ‘Settings’ from ‘Home Screen’.
- Select ‘Network’ and then, go to ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Open ‘DNS Settings’ and then, select ‘Automatic’.
- Press the ‘B’ button to save the changes.
After changing DNS settings to automatic, launch Netflix app to see if the error has been fixed or not.
Solution 4: Reset Netflix
To reset Netflix, first wait until you get the error message on the screen. Once you see the error message, select ‘Reset Netflix’ option. Once the Netflix app resets, start the app again.
Solution 5: Reinstall Netflix, turn on power saving mode and turn off Xbox One
You can reinstall Netflix and then, turn on the power saving mode on Xbox One. Uninstall the Netflix app and then, change Xbox One settings to power saving mode. Hold the power button down until you see a white light turns orange. Unplug Xbox One from the TV and then, wait for a few minutes. Now, connect your Xbox One, turn it on and then, install the app again.