If you are accessing Netflix app on PS4, but facing connectivity issues of late, then you should check out the steps that can fix the problem once and for all. These steps are not difficult to perform, however, if the problem remains persistent after following the steps, then you should take help of Netflix help center.
That Netflix is increasing the number of subscribers, everyone knows. And with that, there are some little connectivity issues on different devices, which turn out to be a real headache. Learn how to troubleshoot Netflix connectivity issues on Playstation 4 in this tutorial from the Netflix help center.
If you are on a public Wi-Fi network at work, school, hotel, or hospital:
- Contact your network administrator to verify that streaming services, such as Netflix, are compatible and not blocked.
- Keep in mind that several public networks have restricted bandwidth.
If you are accessing a satellite internet or mobile data network:
- If possible, you need to try to access another network. Mobile or satellite data Internet connections generally have lower speeds than cable or DSL connections.
Test Your Internet Connection
- Start at the PS4 home screen. If you are not already in the main menu, hold down the PS button in the middle of the control, select Close Application, and then select OK to return to the home screen.
- Press up on the directional button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Test Internet Connection.
Update your Netflix access information
Note: On Sony PlayStation, use X instead of O to deselect it whenever O is mentioned in the instructions below.
- Start the Netflix application.
- Press O on the controller.
- Select the gear icon.
- Select Sign Out.
- Select Yes.
Reinstall the Netflix App
- Start at the PS4 home screen. If you are not already on the home screen, press and hold the PS button that you can find at the center of the control after which, you need to select ‘Close application’ followed by selecting OK.
- Go to the TV and Video (TV & Video) section and there, you need to highlight Netflix.
- Now, there is a button on your PlayStation control named ‘Options’, which you need to press.
- Select Delete.
- Select OK Once the Netflix application has been deleted, the icon will continue to display on the PS4 home screen.
- Select the Netflix icon. The PlayStation Store will open.
- Select the Download icon.
- Once the Netflix application has completed downloading, select Start.
- Select Sign In from the Welcome screen. You may need enter your login details in order to sign into your PlayStation Network (PSN) account to get things done in a smooth manner.
- Enter your Netflix email and password.