Did you know that you have the option of playing a movie on Netflix with Siri? Well, there is certainly a connection between Netflix and Siri, which allows you to do that, and the main discussion in this post would be regarding that. Controlling Netflix via Siri is a feature that works on both the iPhone and iPad and the fourth generation Apple TV. That way you don’t have to browse the Netflix app yourself. Read here how to do this exactly.
With Siri, you don’t just look up information or operate your HomeKit accessories, but you can also start movies on Netflix with it. By requesting Siri information about a movie, you can start the movie via Netflix and Siri at the touch of a button. This works on both the iPhone and iPad along with Apple TV.
Watch Netflix via Siri
You can use Siri to look up movies so that you can view some general info and read more about the movie. From there, you will also find buttons that take you directly to the iTunes page, so you can buy or rent the movie there. However, by asking Siri about a specific movie on Netflix, you can immediately see which movies are available on the streaming service.
We take the Jungle Book as an example. If you simply ask Siri for Jungle Book, you will see six movies as a result. If you ask Siri for Jungle Book on Netflix, you will only see the parts that you can watch at Netflix:
- Call Siri and ask for a specific movie or movie series, combined with the word Netflix.
- Choose the relevant movie that you want to watch.
- Then tap the play button with Netflix below.
- You will be taken to the Netflix app and the movie will be played immediately.
Starting movies on Netflix via Siri also works on Apple TV. For this, you need the fourth generation Apple TV with at least tvOS 10. If you meet the requirements, then follow the steps below:
- Open Siri on the Apple TV by holding down the microphone button on the Siri Remote.
- Ask Siri to search for certain movies in Netflix, for example, “Star Wars on Netflix”.
- Select the movie that you want to watch.
- You will be offered two options to choose from, one would be iTunes and another is going to be Netflix, so you need to choose Netflix.
- Then select the Open with Netflix button.
Keep in mind that Siri does not recognize all the movies that you pronounce. In addition, the Netflix app must always be installed on your device and you must have a valid Netflix subscription. Moreover, it does not work with Siri on the Mac. Keep this thing in mind and you’ll do just fine. The experience of watching Netflix content using Siri can’t be explained in words, so you will have to try it yourself in order to find it out.