Getting black screen while accessing Netflix? Well, you don’t have to worry at all, as we can help you get rid of the issue in the most comprehensive manner. There are could be a number of reasons as to why you are getting a black screen while accessing Netflix, but then, there are a number of solutions as well, which we are going to discuss in this blog post.
This issue may have occurred due to your faulty device more than the program itself, so let us discuss some effective solutions to overcome this issue.
Here are some solutions you can take to fix Netflix black screen issues if you’re using a Windows computer or device.
Fixing Netflix black screen problem in Windows 10
Solution 1: Run your web browser as admin
In order to do this, here is what you have to do:
- Close any web browser windows that you’ve opened.
- Click ‘start’ followed by ‘all apps’.
- Right-click on the browser that you use mostly on the list of items.
- Select ‘Run as admin’ followed by selecting ‘allow’ or click ‘yes’ if you are prompted to.
- Now, try to play your favorite digital content on Netflix in a new window.
If following these aforementioned steps fix the issue, then the problem was related to the absence of admin rights. So, you need to ask for rights on your Netflix account.
Solution 2: Clear cookies from your internet browser
Sometimes, cookies can create issues in streaming content on Netflix, so you need to clear cookies in order to get rid of this ‘black screen’ issue.
- Go to official site of Netflix and then, select ‘clear cookies’ option.
- You will be signed out of your Netflix account.
- It’s time to sign into your Netflix account by entering your Netflix email and password.
- Launch Netflix site again.
Solution 3: Restart web browser
For this, follow below-mentioned steps:
- Close all the tabs that are opened on your web browser.
- Launch your web browser.
- Open Netflix website and see if it opens or not.
Solution 4: Clear Chrome Browsing Data
Here are the steps that you can follow:
- Click Chrome menu on the toolbar.
- Select ‘settings’ followed by selecting ‘advanced’, which is given at the bottom of the list.
- Now, go to ‘privacy’ followed by selecting ‘clear browsing data’.
- There will be an option named ‘clear following items’ from the drop-down box.
- You will have to select ‘beginning on time’ followed by checking ‘media licenses.
- Select the option named ‘clear browsing data’ followed by launching Netflix.
Solution 5: Uninstall & Reinstall Silverlight plugin
With Silverlight plugin, you get to watch your favorite movies and/or TV shows on your PC. So, seeing a black screen after opening Netflix may have occurred as a result of an outdated or corrupted Silverlight plugin.
You will have to uninstall and reinstall the plugin, and for that, you can follow below-mentioned steps:
- If you have opened your web browser, then close it.
- Select ‘settings’ option, which is given on the right side of the screen.
- Select ‘control panel’ now and after that, go to ‘programs’.
- Select ‘uninstall a program’ and then, select ‘Microsoft Silverlight’.
- Select ‘Uninstall’ now.
To install the latest Silverlight plugin version, go to:
- Go to Netflix.com and then, choose the movie or show that you want to play.
- Select ‘Install Now’.
- Select ‘Save File’, and most probably, it will appear in the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Double-click on the file and install the software.
- Open your web browser again and launch Netflix.