Netflix app for Windows allows you to download and save files for offline watching. But, the files can consume a significant space on your computer. Let us discuss three methods to delete Netflix content on Windows 10 device.
Netflix is a streaming app that can works perfectly on multiple platforms, including Windows 10. Netflix offers full support for Windows OS, and this can be proved from the fact that there is a dedicated Netflix app available on the Windows Store.
Through Netflix app for Windows, you can easily download popular videos and TV shows in order to watch those in an offline mode. There is no doubt upon the fact that this ‘offline’ feature is quite useful, but there is one downside as well, i.e., the content you download is going to be stored on your Windows 10 device, and it won’t be long before you could start experiencing disk storage issues. Therefore, it is important that you learn how to remove offline content that you’ve downloaded through the Netflix app.
By default, the content that you have downloaded from Netflix is saved in the same location as that of the Netflix app. So, if you have installed Netflix app in ‘C Drive’, then the downloaded content will be present in the same folder. Filling up C Drive with files is not recommended as that could slow down the device. Moreover, it is important to remove old downloaded content in order to maintain a decent amount of free space.
How to remove Netflix content in Windows 10?
Delete certain movies and TV shows:
- On your Windows 10 device, you have to launch ‘Netflix’ app.
- Click on the ‘hamburger’ icon that you can find in the top-left corner of main Netflix window.
- Select ‘My Downloads’ from the list you can see on the screen.
- You will now be able to see all the movies and TV shows that you’ve downloaded on your Windows device.
- Now, click the ‘Edit’ icon from this window, which you can find in the top-right corner.
- Corresponding to each of the downloaded files, you are going to see a checkbox, so what you can do is, you can click the checkbox and remove those entries from your computer.
- After selecting the files, click the ‘Delete’ button, which you can find in the top-right corner.
Delete all Netflix offline content:
- Open ‘Netflix’ app once more.
- Click on ‘three dots’ icon that you can find in the top-right corner of the main window.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the list you see on the screen.
- From the ‘Netflix’ settings page, you can find ‘Download’ field.
- You need to find and select ‘delete all downloads’ option, which you can find under ‘download’ field.
- You will now have to wait until Netflix content is fully removed. After that, you need to restart the app.
Manually removing Netflix files
You can manually remove Netflix files by going to the folder where Netflix app has been installed. If you are not able to find as to where movies and TV shows are stored, then you can take help of Netflix help and support providers.
So, these were three methods to remove Netflix content from your Windows 10 device. If you remove the files instead of deleting them, then the Netflix app will not be able to display the transferred content.